Skip to Content

Switchbacks on a Hazy Day

Sat, 03/24/2012

Josh, Adrian, and I hiked up the switchbacks hoping to get some of the strong spring thermals that are often found there. We got to the launch around 12:00 which is a little later than normal but a high haze was suppressing the development of thermals. We waited around until 2:30 or so before we got set up and then waited a little longer for a decent cycle. We eventually launched and got about 45 minutes of light lift surprisingly finding the strongest lift over the trees in the middle of the valley.

photo_album | about seo